Posts Tagged ‘smoked peanuts’
I love party mix and most of my friends and family love it too.
Here is my basic recipe:
- 1 box cheerios cereal
- 1 box life cereal
- 1 box shreddies cereal
- 2 boxes Cheez-its / Cheeze sticks / Cheddar goldfish
- 2 lbs pretzel sticks
- 2 lbs peanuts – smoked ** see below for recipe
- 1 lb almonds – smoked
- 1 lb pecans – smoked
- 1 cup peanut oil
- 1 cup clarified butter
- 2 tsp granulated garlic
- 2 tsp granulated onion powder
- 2 tsp Lawry’s seasoning salt
- 1/8 cup Worcestershire sauce
Mix all topping ingredients together.
Mix all the dry goods together then sprinkle on the topping making sure its covering as much of the dry good as possible. Spread out on 4 cookie sheets or 2 large roasting pans
Grill indirect at 225F for 2 hours or in an oven turning every 15 minutes.
Savory Smoked Nuts recipe:
- 2 tbsp melted clarified butter
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 cups nuts (almonds, pecans, peanuts etc)
- 1 1/2 tsp smoked Chipotle Tabasco sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp kosher salt
Mix all ingredients (except salt) in a bowl and spread on a greased disposable aluminum pan in a single layer.
Fire up your grill to 300F . You want to make sure these nuts are smoked indirect. I have used a variety of woods for smoking nuts: pecan, apple, cherry and hickory. You will want to use 1 or 2 chunks if using a charcoal grill. You will need to smoke these nuts for approximately 30-40 minutes turning the nuts every 10 minutes. When they are done remove from the grill and sprinkle on the salt. Store when cooled completely in an airtight container.
For a sweet & spicy smoked nut add 2 tbsp honey powder, 2 tsp cayenne powder and 1 tsp cinnamon.