Posts Tagged ‘party’
Just like the coaches in the NFL you need a game plan for the Superbowl!
For us that means having different areas of our house set up for distinct areas:
1. Beverage center- It doesn’t have to be fancy make sure you have plenty of ice, beer, whisky (good luck shots always) and of course some non alcoholic sodas and water for designated drivers. We also usually have one designated cocktail that can be made in large batches. Smokin’ Caesars always go over well.
2.Things on Sticks- Quick appetizers items as well. Grilled sausages on sticks, shrimp on sticks, or even abts.
3. The Main Event- More serious noshes go on this table – Big Sturdy disposable plates (this is not the time to be frugal with dollar store cheapos), BIG napkins, wet naps and cutlery first. Then hit up some greenery. A sturdy salad. Pick something hearty like asparagus, spinach or kale that won’t wilt through the first few minutes after serving. Its a long game. Then move on to the ribs, the main meats and any starches like tater tots or hashbrown casserole. Large sammies loaded up and sliced would be great located here as well. Just make sure you put the extra sauces at the end of the table so the traffic flow of munchin people is not interrupted.
- Piri Piri Pecan Maple Wings
- South Carolina Mustard Sauce
- Piri Piri Hot Sauce
- Grilled Potato Chorizo Salad
- Asparagus Salad
- Pulled Pork
4. Nacho bar, Mini beef slider bar - One year we did a mashed potato bar that went over well too. This stuff takes time to assemble and layer in the toppings and condiments. Make sure you give this table area lots of space people will be crowding around.
Once the game is winding down it may be time to bring out some sweet finishes:
Depending on how many people are coming over you need to adjust your menu. Sometimes staggering and staging different items through the game works well too. Many of these items can be prepared well in advance. You don’t want to be stuck in the kitchen or the backyard for the whole game.
Make sure to use the search button here on the site or the recipe tab at the top for even more tasty tidbits to get you all through the game.
Make sure your guests travel home safely. Ensure you have cash on hand if needed for cabs or designated drivers. Cocktail responsibly, get your snack on and of course enjoy the big Game!!