Posts Tagged ‘Mushroom’
This is a very rich and decadent sauce for grilled steaks, and all hearty roasts. Turns an everyday dinner into something spectacular.
- 2 cups assorted Sliced Mushrooms
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 1 tablespoon Coarsely ground fresh black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Dried Rosemary (or if using fresh 2 tablespoons finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon kosher salt
* add 1/4 -1/2 cups beefstock or wine if you prefer a thinner sauce.
In a large skillet melt butter and olive oil over medium high heat, when the butter is bubbling (approx 2 minutes) add garlic and cook for one 1 minute. Add mushrooms and cook until softened and golden. Add rosemary, cream, salt and pepper simmer for 5 -6 minutes until thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Top with additional fresh rosemary serve immediately.