Posts Tagged ‘Diva Q’
Back to the JACK!! Woot Team Diva Q is heading to the 25th Annual Jack Daniel’s World Championship Invitational BBQ
Today was a very exciting day. Surprising and shocking. We had our bung drawn for the Jack. Team Diva Q along with a whole lot of other amazing teams from all over the US & the International teams. We will be one of 3 teams representing Canada along with Prairie Smoke & Spice, plus Pistol Packin Piggies.
See you all in the holler October 25& 26th!
Congratulations to all the teams who got their BUNG pulled today:
|A Boy & His BBQ|
|Bad Bones BBQ|
|Bavarian Smoke BBQ|
|Big Pig Inc.|
|Blazin’ Buttz BBQ|
|Blue Chip BBQ|
|Deep South Smokin’ Que|
|Drilling and Grilling BBQ Team|
|Fired Up Smokers|
|Fork U BBQ|
|Hoosier Favorite BBQ|
|I.A.B. 30 BBQ|
|Insane Swine BBQ|
|It’s 5 O’Clock Somewhere|
|JP Custom Smoke|
|Killer B’s BBQ|
|Lake House BBQ|
|Little Pig Town|
|Lo’ -N- Slo’ BBQ|
|Local Smoke BBQ|
|Missouri Shark Fisherman Club BBQ Team|
|Philly Blind Pig BBQ|
|Pistol Packin’ Piggies|
|Pit Bulls Up In Smoke|
|Pork Patrol BBQ|
|Prairie Smoke & Spice BBQ|
|Q Haven BBQ|
|Q U Smokin Krewe|
|Smokin’ In The D|
|Southern Krunk BBQ Society|
|That’s the Way BBQ Go!|
|TippyCanoe BBQ Crew|
|United Pork Smokers|
|Velvet Smoke BBQ|
|Who’s Smokin Now|
|Wine Country “Q”|
|Wooley Bully “BBQ Mafia”|
Congratulations to those teams with Automatic Entries to the Jack:
2 Broke Ass Texans
3 Eyz BBQ
Across the Track Cook-off Team
Bear Naked BBQ
Can U Smell My Pits BBQ
Fatback Joe’s BBQ
Hog Tide Bar-B-Que
Left Coast Q
Lonestar Smoke Rangers
Pig Skin BBQ
Shiggin & Grinnin
Stubborn Bull BBQ
Swamp Boys BBQ Team
Sweet Swine O’Mine
Warren County Pork Choppers
It is always a good day when this comes in the mail. We qualified for the Jack Draw this year from our GC in New York. Our team along with all of the other qualifying events in Canada will have our bungs (they are the stoppers from the actual Jack Barrels) all put into a hat. Out of those qualifiers 3 are chosen to represent Canada at the Jack. We have had this privilege twice before. Hoping for good luck this time again. No matter what Canada has a lot of outstanding teams that really do know their BBQ!
The last time we went…. good things happened.
It became official yesterday that BBQ Crawl has been renewed for Season 2 ! Very excited to finally share this with everyone. Here is the press release segment about BBQ Crawl from Blue Ant Media/Travel & Escape!
Canada’s BBQ Champion Danielle Dimovski will be back for seconds with BBQ Crawl Season 2 (13 x 30 min). In its first season BBQ Crawl drew the largest audience of any of Travel+Escape’s original productions garnering an unprecedented viewership for an original production on the channel. Season 2 continues the journey in the American South. Kicking off in Nashville Tennessee and ending up in Kansas City Missouri, Danielle will dig deep into BBQ culture and explore new hotspots along the way. Produced by RTR Media, Season 2 will premiere Spring 2014
For the full press release please go here.
So here it is I just want to say Thank you. Thank you to all the amazing places we went in Season 1 Thank you to all of the owners and the places and the friends that allowed us into their worlds. Huge thanks to all of my BBQ family and friends and all the fans of the show. I am blessed beyond blessed to have you all along for this journey. The team at RTR Media rocks. They worked so hard on season 1 and they have been working for months already diligently for Season 2. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I appreciate each and everyone of you all. We leave next week to start Season 2 -this year we kick off in Nashville there will be new places new adventures some new and old friends making appearances and of course awesome kick a$$ BBQ along the way. Can’t wait for you all to see it unfold. Big hugs much Love from me to you all!! XXOO Danielle
Visiting a BBQ Competition?
Here are a few tips on BBQ Etiquette
- BBQ Teams have paid to compete – please note most take it seriously. Teams pay for everything from the competition fee to the meats and supplies.
- IF you see someone walking a turn in box (usually a 9×9 Styrofoam box) please move out of their way.
- IF you see someone walking a tray of food items please move out of their way.
- Do not under any circumstances ever take any food from tables within a competition site without asking first. Most competitions do not allow public sampling. Please visit the vendors to purchase food and support the event.
- Be respectful of the competition sites. Do not cut through a team’s site to get to another section of the competition area. That’s like walking through someone’s house.
- Mind your manners, your pets and your children. Children and their parents should be aware that there are hot grills and sharp knives at every site. Do not let your children or dogs run around team sites. Do not let your drunk friends run around team sites either.
- Do not touch another person’s grills ever…. without asking first.
- The clock rules everything at a competition. Teams need to turn in items on a specific schedule. During those turn in times teams may not want to have a conversation or stop to talk. It is nothing personal. These times are approximately 1130am-2pm however at each contest times can vary.
- Please ask before taking pictures of teams preparing their entries or of the teams themselves. Some teams would rather not have pictures of their items out in the public.
- Some events have adult beverage tents. Please enjoy responsibly.
- There are quiet hours at every BBQ contest. Please respect them.
- Please come out to the awards ceremony and cheer for all the teams. The more the merrier.
- Ask questions from teams in the non-busy hours. We love to talk about all things BBQ.
- Visit team websites like www.divaq.ca & www.kcbs.us for more information about competition BBQ.
Well I had one heck of a week! It was so much fun as I crossed Canada with Char-Broil and did media for them and the Char-Broil TRU Infrared Grills.
We started out in the beautiful city of Vancouver British Columbia!
Check out the link for our segment on grilling up some delicious chicken and a grilled caesar salad HERE
Then right to the Country 105 Radio station for The RHODES Show!
Then once again right to the airport for a flight from Calgary to Chicago then on to Memphis. Ugh. Thats where a whole bunch of lightning unfortunately delayed my plane and sadly I ended up arriving a day late into Memphis. (This seriously impeded my visiting with friends plans and cocktail aspirations) Got stuck in Chicago for the night. ]
Now why was I headed to Memphis ?? Well Memphis in May of course one of the BIG contests.
The Char-Broil TRU Tour goes each year!
It is a lof of fun to visit with the Crew plus then we get to BBQ with The Weather Channel throughout the morning and have a lot of grilling fun with host Paul Goodloe
You can follow Paul on his Facebook page
It was a blast of course – who doesn’t love grilling & BBQ.? All of the recipes for the segments can be found here!
After the segments I got some time to visit with friends from all over !
Congratulations to Sweet Swine o MINE!! Memphis in May World Champions for 2013
So there are so many games on each and every day! For the record…. I am an eternal optimist. I am a Toronto Maple Leafs Fan. For good or for bad its been a long 9 years…..
Lots of parties and that means super snacking and of course great munchies!!
Here are some great links to delicious munchies you can serve at your playoff parties…
Diva Q MOINK balls inspired by Larry Gaian from the BBQ Grail
MMM Shrimp & Sausage Bites - pork & seafood come together for a power packed bite of goodness!
4 Cheese ABT’s – stuffed jalapenos wrapped in bacon and smoked to yumminess!
Diva Q Jalapeno Dip & Grilled breads – so easy to make it should be illegal.
Chevaps – Because meat on sticks makes people happy!
Pizza Pizza Pizza – Everyone loves a good pizza.