Posts Tagged ‘Chicken Wings’
Last summer our BBQ Team was really excited to win 2 Tyson Best Wings on the planet Contests. This is the recipe we won the Sam’s Club Southgate Michigan Contest with. Absolutely delicious and perfect for a good nosh and of course the Superbowl. There is also a contest running now with the 8 finalists in this contest. You can enter by visiting www.facebook.com/ClubTyson or
Email to email@example.com
Subject: Best Wing Vote Submission & by giving them our team name Diva Q. We would appreciate your vote.
Product: Tyson All Natural Chicken Wings, Ice Glazed, First & Second Sections
Serves: 4 persons
Serving Size: 6 wings
(sub recipe – BBQ rub)
• 2 Tbsp – paprika, smoked
• 1 Tbsp – chili powder
• ½ Tbsp – salt, Kosher
• ½ Tbsp – garlic powder
• ½ Tbsp – sugar, granulated
• ½ Tbsp – curry powder, mild
• ½ Tbsp – dry hot mustard, ground
• ¼ Tbsp – black pepper, finely ground
• ¼ Tbsp – cumin, ground
• ½ Tbsp – chipotle chile, powder
Method: Place all ingredients in a gallon Ziploc bag and shake/toss to combine
evenly. Reserve until needed.
(sub recipe – glaze)
• 1 C – Franks Red Hot Sweet Chili Sauce
• ¼ C – Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ Sauce
Method: Place both ingredients in a gallon Ziploc bag and shake/toss to combine evenly. Reserve until needed.
• 24 each – Tyson All Natural Chicken Wings, thawed
• (1 bottle) 5 Fl oz. bottle – Tabasco sauce, chipotle
• from sub recipe – BBQ rub
• from sub recipe – glaze
Continued to page 11…11
“Diva Q Sweet Chili Chipotle Wings” Continued…
1. Place chicken wings in a gallon Ziploc bag and pour Tabasco Chipotle
sauce over the wings and toss to coat evenly. Marinate 12 hours in refrigerator.
2. Remove chicken from chipotle sauce marinade and place on baking sheet
pan. Evenly sprinkle BBQ rub on both sides of the chicken wings.
3. Smoke wings on your grill, using Kingsford hickory wood, for 1–1 ½ hours
at 225° F or to an internal temperature of 165° F.
4. Remove wings from grill and place in a mixing bowl. Add reserved glaze
(saving some for dipping sauce) & toss to combine evenly.
5. Place glazed wings on hot grill to quickly grill mark & finish cooking. Remove from grill and serve with remaining glaze on the side for dipping.
6. Serve immediately and enjoy!
• If desired, chicken wings can be cooked to a final internal temperature of
• Using large Ziploc bags to shake/toss/combine ingredients makes for fast
& easy prep and virtually no mess clean up.
• The glaze can be made 1 day in advance and warmed (sauce pan or microwave) just prior to serving the wings.
• Experiment with different types of wood for smoking: applewood, cherry,
• Personalize the recipe using your favorite smoking technique (cold or hot
smoking) and using either a smoker, gas grill, charcoal or wood fired grill
for smoking and cooking.
• Think of this recipe (and any recipe) as a guidepost; where you follow it and then add your personal flair & ingredients/techniques, to create your own signature Tyson Competition Wings.