Beer & BBQ just go hand in hand naturally. I like beer. this is one of my favs. I have made this apple BBQ sauce many times. Nickel Brook is a great brewing company… Dedicated to their craft brewing and their community.
This one of a kind beer is brewed as a pilsner style, and then combined with natural apple juice and essences. refreshingly smooth with a clean crisp finish, which compliments or combines for cooking with any poultry, pork or seafood dish. brewed at 4% alc./vol this is the perfect beer alternative for those looking to try something new.
- 1 bottle of Nickelbrook Apple Pilsner (reduced to half)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 cup onion finely diced
- 1 cup peeled apple grated (Red or Gold Delicious)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1 cup ketchup (I use heinz)
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp Tobasco Chipotle pepper sauce (adjust to your liking)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper (restaurant grind or freshly ground)
- 1/4 tsp allspice