Its hot. Its humid and there is no way in HE double hockey sticks I am cooking indoors.
I cook on the grill constantly when the weather is hot. We eat a lot of super salads. Basically pick a protein whether it be poultry, seafood or beef and build a salad around it. The choices are endless and our kids love them. Lots of seasonal choices can add a lot of interest to a salad!
This week we enjoyed a BIG chicken salad. Enough to feed 8 ppl with enough for leftovers to take to work the next day. I used a rub I have been enjoying lately Bub-ba-Q all purpose rub.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 bunched romaine washed chopped
- 1 can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1/2 small red onion thinly sliced
- 2 cups frozen corn thawed
- 3 scallions finely chopped
- 1 cup shredded old cheddar
- 3 tomatoes chopped
- 2 green peppers chopped
- 2 cups torn baguette or croutons
- 1/2 cup BBQ Rub
- 5 roasted red peppers
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tsp ground mustard
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp ground chipotle
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper