Diva Q MOINK balls
1 pound ground beef
1 pound double smoked bacon (slices cut in half)
2 tablespoons prime rib rub
2 tablespoons dried parsley
1 tablespoons garlic pepper
1/4 cup Butchers BBQ honey rub
1/2 cup Sweet Baby Rays Hickory & Brown Sugar BBQ Sauce
In a medium size bowl mix the ground beef and spices. Form into meatballs approximately 1 ounce each. Wrap each meatball with half a slice of bacon and secure with toothpick. Sprinkle the MOINK balls with Butchers BBQ Honey Rub.
Prepare the grill for indirect cooking. Preheat grill to low temperature approx 250⁰F (120⁰C). Use hickory chunks or chips depending on your grill.
Please note if using a gas grill the smoker packet will need to be replaced every half and hour.
Place the MOINK balls on the grill for 2 hours. Temp probe the meatballs ensuring they are at least at minimum 160⁰F internal temperature. When the bacon is crispy glaze with the BBQ sauce and turn the heat to 350⁰F (176⁰C) until the sauce is caramelized. Serve warm.
** Warning these are highly addictive!
Diva Q Cajun Ribs
• 1 Rack St. Louis Cut Pork Ribs
• ½ cup Traeger Cajun Rub
• ¼ c Apple Juice
• ¼ c BBQ Sauce (use your favourite)
1. Remove Membrane from the back of the ribs.
2. Sprinkle on the Cajun rub on both the meat and bone side.
3. Grill indirect at 250F for 3 hrs
4. Place ribs in a packet of foil with ¼ cup apple juice
5. Grill indirect for 1 hour at 250F
6. Carefully remove the ribs from the foil packet – discard the juices and foil.
7. Grill for ½ hr at 250F
8. Glaze Ribs with BBQ sauce
9. Grill on high for 15 minutes until the sauce is set.
Purchase ribs that are not pre-seasoned. Other rubs can be substituted for the Traeger products to suit your preference.