Grilled Salmon with Apricot Mint Yogurt Sauce
4 filets of salmon (preferably from the belly as it will be more consistent in size)
4 Apricots Pits removed & cut in half
4 tbsp canola oil
1 tbsp lemon pepper
1 tbsp salt
Preheat your grill to medium high.
Score the skin side of the salmon filets a couple times just going through the skin. Brush the salmon on all sides with canola oil. Brush the apricots with canola oil. Sprinkle the salmon filets with the lemon pepper and salt.
Oil the grill multiples of times ensuring the salmon will not stick.
Place the salmon filets skin side down on the grill. Close the lid. After 6-8 minutes (depending on thickness) turn the salmon over. Add the apricots to the grill cut side down. After 4 minutes – turn the apricots over. After an additional 4 minutes check the temperature of the salmon. When it is 125 F remove from grill and set aside lightly tented. Remove apricots when slightly charred and soft.
Serve salmon with apricot halves and mint yogurt sauce.
For the Sauce:
1 cup Plain yogurt
1/4 cup Mint Chopped fine
1 clove garlic minced
Zest of 1 whole lemon
2 tsp lemon juice
Salt & pepper to taste
Whisk ingredients together and chill for at least ½ hr to marry the flavours.
Serve on top of salmon or grilled vegetables.
Diva Q Shrimp Lollipops
- 6 Large Navel Oranges
- 36 Large Shrimp (raw peeled & deveined)
- 36 Skewers
- Traeger Cajun BBQ Shake
- Traeger Mandarin Glaze
Slice each orange into 6 slices
Lightly sprinkle each slice with Cajun rub
Place a shrimp on each orange slice & impale with skewer attaching the shrimp securely
Lightly sprinkle the Shrimp with Cajun rub
Grill on med high heat until the shrimp are opaque
Top each shrimp lollipop with ½ tsp of Mandarin Glaze
*Please note if using a Traeger it is not necessary to soak the skewers due to the heat shield. IF you are using any other type grill please ensure you soak the skewers for at least ½ hour prior to using.
Diva Q Shrimp and Sausage Bites
• 12 Shrimp (12/13) Peeled and Deveined
• 3 Italian Sausage Links (mild or hot)
• ¼ cup Traeger Mandarin Glaze
• 1 tbsp Traeger Blackened Saskatchewan Seasoning
• 12 Wooden Skewers (soaked for 10 minutes in water)
1. Cut each sausage link into four 1” pieces
2. Skewer the shrimp wrapped around the sausage pieces. The shrimp should be attached at both ends with the sausage nestled in the middle of the ends.
3. Using more skewers, repeat with the remaining shrimp and sausage.
4. Sprinkle each of the skewers with Traeger Blackened Saskatchewan Seasoning
5. Grill the skewers over medium high heat until lightly charred.
6. Glaze each skewer with Traeger mandarin Glaze and serve
Other spices and glazes can be substituted for the Traeger products to suit your preference.
If using a Traeger grill it is not necessary to soak the skewers