Blueberry Lemon Biscuit Cobbler
- 6 c Fresh or frozen wild blueberries
- ¾ c granulated White sugar
- 4 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 zest from 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- ¼ c water
- 1 can Texas style or regular biscuits (10 count)
- ¼ c granulated white sugar (for biscuit topping)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat Grill to medium high heat creating an indirect fire zone.
- In a cast iron pan mix the blueberries with the white sugar, lemon juice and zest.
- In a small bowl mix the cornstarch and the water together to make slurry.
- Pour the slurry into the blueberry mixture and stir well.
- Place the pan on the direct side of the grill.
- Watching closely and stirring often wait until the mixture is bubbling and the blueberry juices have thickened. (Approx 10 minutes)
- Move the cast iron pan to the indirect side of the grill.
- In a small bowl mix the ¼ c sugar and cinnamon together.
- Add the biscuits to the top of the blueberry mixture. Sprinkle the biscuits with the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Close the BBQ lid and bake indirect for 20 minutes or until the biscuits are thoroughly baked and browned on top.
- Remove the pan from the grill to rest for 15 minutes prior to serving.