Bacon Wrapped Chocolate Bars and the Ultimate Bacon & Eggs:
Apple galette with easy caramel drizzle (serves 4)
- 4 Gala Apples peeled cored and sliced
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 4 Tbsp brown sugar
- 4 Tbsp salted butter
- 1 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 200 gr Puff Pastry (1 sheet)
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp water
- 2 Tbsp demerara sugar
Caramel sauce ingredients
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp water
- 3 Tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1 Tbsp golden corn syrup
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 Tsp vanilla
- Optional: Powdered sugar for garnish
Roll the puff pastry onto a floured surface to form roughly a 25 x 25 cm area. Place the pastry onto a piece of parchment paper.
In a small bowl assemble the filling. Mix together the brown sugar, flour, cinnamon then toss the apples in this mixture. Pile the filling into the center of the puff pastry leaving 10 cm around the edges. Place the tablespoons of butter on the top of the apples. Fold the sides of the puff pastry up and around the apple filling. Mix together the egg and water and brush the puff pastry with the egg wash. Sprinkle the demerara sugar on the puff pastry.
Prepare the grill for indirect cooking. Preheat grill to medium temperature approx 350 F (176 C).
Place the galette on the parchment paper on the grill. Close the lid. Bake for approx 15-20 minutes until the pastry is golden. Remove from grill and set aside to cool.
To prepare the sauce:
In a heavy saucepan mix together the brown sugar, cornstarch, water, whipping cream and corn syrup. Bring to a gentle boil stirring for 2-3 minutes. Remove then add butter and vanilla. Stir again.
Drizzle the caramel sauce onto the galette and dust on powdered sugar. Serve warm or cold.
Diva Q Bacon and Eggs
6 Cadbury Cream Eggs Frozen
12 Thin slices bacon
Wrap the Cream eggs with 2 slices of bacon ensuring the entire egg is completely covered with bacon.
Prepare the grill for Medium heat indirect approximately 250-350F
Place the eggs on a perforated disposable pan and grill indirect until the bacon is crispy. Rest for 15 minutes then slice and serve. Serves6
2 cups Chocolate Chips
1 jar Fluff or any other marshmallow cream
1 box Graham Crackers
1 cup Toasted coconut flakes
In a lightly greased disposable 9” inch pie pan layer the chocolate chips. Pour the fluff over the chocolate chips. Cover with toasted coconut flakes.
Preheat the grill for indirect grilling to medium high approximately 450-550F
Place the pie pan on the indirect side of the grill. Close the lid for 5 minutes. Stir. When the chocolate is melted it is ready.
Serve with graham crackers.
2 tbsp butter, softened
8 slices white bread
1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
2 large banana, sliced
1/4 cup honey
Preheat grill to medium high approximately 450-550F
Slice the banana in halves lengthwise. Grill each of the slices for 2 minutes on each side. Set aside.
Spread the peanut butter onto 4 slices of the bread. Add slices of grilled banana and close sandwich gently pressing bread slices together. Spread butter on the top and bottom bread slices. Grill each sandwich for 2 minutes on each side until golden brown. Drizzle honey on each sandwich and serve immediately.
Diva Q Pig Candy
• 1 lb thick sliced bacon
• 1 cup brown sugar
• ½ cup Hot Squeeze or ½ cup Maple Syrup
• 1 tsp chipotle powder
1. Place the bacon slices on a perforated disposable foil pan.
2. Glaze each slice with either Maple Syrup or Hot Squeeze
3. Sprinkle the slices with Chipotle powder
4. Sprinkle the slices with brown sugar ensuring that the pieces are coated evenly
5. Place the pan on the grill making sure you are using indirect medium 300F heat.
6. When the bacon has crisped up remove from the grill.
7. Serve immediately or place in an airtight container in the fridge
.I recommend Frogmats for this project or Alcan’s BBQ Buddy’s. Grease fires can easily happen when making pig candy. Be careful. Make sure you have a drip pan under the bacon if using a charcoal or propane grill. If using a water smoker do not put water into the pan. Pig Candy can be used in many things such as shortbread as a topping for ice cream, and it is also good with pancakes.
Diva Q Pumpkin Cheesecake
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
3 tbsp butter (melted)
2 tbsp sugar
3 pkgs cream cheese (8oz pkg)
1 ¼ c sugar
1 can 15 oz pumpkin
2 tbsp vanilla
2 tbsp bourbon
2 tbsp flour
1 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp all spice
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp ginger
4 large eggs
1. Preheat grill for use indirect to 350 degrees F. In 9″ by 3″ spring form pan, with a fork, stir graham-cracker crumbs, butter, and sugar until moistened. With hand, press mixture onto bottom of pan. Bake crust 10 minutes. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
2. Prepare Pumpkin Filling: In large bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat cream cheese until smooth; slowly beat in sugar until blended, about 1 minute, scraping bowl often with rubber spatula. With mixer at low speed, beat in flour, pumpkin, bourbon, vanilla, cinnamon, allspice, ginger, and salt. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition.
3. Pour pumpkin mixture into crust and place in large roasting pan. Place pan on grill rack. Bake indirect on grill cheesecake 1 hour 15 minutes or until center barely jiggles.
4. Remove cheesecake from grill to wire rack; discard foil. With small knife, loosen cheesecake from side of pan to help prevent cracking during cooling. Cool cheesecake completely. Cover and refrigerate cheesecake at least 6 hours or overnight, until well chilled. Remove side of pan to serve. Garnish with crystallized ginger, chocolate drizzles or whipped cream.