AS seen on the Today show
- FOR MEAT: 2 lbs. chicken drummettes
- 1/8 cup Butchers BBQ Honey Rub
- 1/8 cup Smokey Mountain Smoker’s Chipotle Rub.
- FOR GLAZE: 1/2 cup Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce
- 1/2 cup Sweet Baby Ray Hickory & Brown Sugar BBQ Sauce
- For the jalapeno bacon cheese dip
- FOR DIP: 2 packages cream cheese (16 oz)
- 1 cup shredded aged old cheddar
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1/2 cup finely minced smoked bacon
- 1/4 cup finely minced chives
- 1 tsp Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce
- 1 tsp Smokey Mountain Smoker’s Chipotle Rub
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 3 jalapenos seeded membrane removed finely diced
With a paring knife, cut around the thin tip of each chicken drummette. Separate the skin and tendons attached to the narrow end of the drummette and push the meat down toward the thick end. You now have a “lollipop.” Repeat procedure for the rest of the drummettes.
Generously sprinkle the drummettes with Butchers BBQ Honey Rub and Smokey Mountain Smoker’s Chipotle Rub.
For a gas or charcoal grill: On medium high heat (approx. 400 F) grill the chicken wings for 15 minutes, turning often. Glaze the wings with the Sriracha hot chili sauce. Return to grill for an additional 5 minutes to set the sauce. Close lid. Then glaze the wings with Sweet Baby Rays Hickory & Brown Sugar BBQ sauce. Return to grill for additional 5 minutes to set the sauce. Close lid. Remove from grill. Internal temperature of the wings should be at minimum 165 F.
For the dip:Mix all ingredients in a disposable aluminum pan. Place on the grill on medium low heat stirring often until the cheese is melting bubbling and hot. Serve with chicken lollipops.