Diva Q Jamaican Jerk Chicken
1 whole chicken, halved
1 lime, halved
4 to 5 tablespoons of Jerk Rub seasoning, recipe follows
8 to 12 pimento (allspice) leaves, for flavor, optional
Jamaican Jerk Rum Rub:
1 red onion, chopped
1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
1 teaspoon ground allspice
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
4 teaspoons white pepper
1/4 cup chopped green onion tops
2 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
5 small jalapenos
2 tablespoons cooking oil (olive or vegetable)
Splash flavorful rum
Makes: 1/2 to 2/3 cup
Rub the chicken with lime and salt. Rub jerk seasoning over chicken halves. Marinate in the refrigerator overnight for the best results.
Preheat a barbecue grill to medium high.
If using, spread the pimento leaves on the grill. Barbecue should be on medium-low heat. Grill the chicken for about 45 minutes, turning often to optimize cooking and browning.
Alternatively, you may use your home oven, heated to 375 degrees F., but do not use pimento leaves.
Let chicken sit for 10 minutes before cutting into quarters.
Diva Q Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 10 Chicken Thighs (boneless & skinless)
- 30 slices double smoked Bacon(thinly cut)
- 1/2 package cream cheese
- 1 small jar pimentos (approx 3 tablespoons)
- 1/2 small red onions finely minced
- 2 tablespoons dried chives
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp bbq rub
Mix all filling ingredients together and chill for 1/2 hour.
Lay a chicken thigh out flat and place a tsp of the filling on each interior of the thigh. Roll up the chicken thigh and repeat.
Then wrap each thigh with 3 slices of the thinly cut bacon. First Slice goes the length of the thigh:
The second and third slices are placed around the width of the thigh:
Repeat until all thighs are wrapped. Place into a disposable 1/2 aluminum pan.
Place on the grill at 250F for 1/2 hour until the bacon has released some of the fats. Then remove from the pan and place directly on your grill if using a Traeger (due to the heat shield) or indirect if using any other grill.
Grill to the internal temperature of 180F then lightly glaze with your favorite BBQ sauce for the last 5 minutes. Remove let them rest for 10 minutes then serve.
Diva Q Mango Ginger Spatchcock Chicken
• 1 Whole Fryer Chicken
• 1 can Goya Mango Juice
• 1 tsp Ground Ginger
• 1 tablespoon garlic pepper seasoning
• 1 tablespoon Canola Oil
• 1 injection needle
1. Place the chicken breast side down.
2. Take a sharp knife or preferably poultry shears and cut along each side of the backbone.
3. Spread the chicken out and turn over.
4. Press down on the chicken until it lies relatively flat.
5. In a small bowl whisk the mango juice and ginger together
6. Inject the mango juice with ginger into the chicken breast, wings, thighs and legs.
7. Brush canola oil on the chicken
8. Sprinkle on the garlic pepper seasoning.
9. Grill on medium at 300F indirect
10. Remove from the grill when the internal temperature of the breast is 165F
11. Rest the chicken tented in foil for at least 10 minutes prior to serving.
Be careful when cutting out the back of the chicken. Save the back for making chicken stock. This injection is also great in pork. Invest in a good quality digital thermometer. I recommend Thermapens. They are available at Ontario Gas BBQ (www.bbqs.com).