Portobello Veggie Heaven Cheddar Burger
what you need
- 12 Medium Portobello Mushroom Caps
- ¾ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp oregano
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 12 Ciabatta buns
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 4 large ripe avocados mashed
- 6 roma tomatoes seeded and finely chopped
- 1 cup minced red onion
- 3 limes zested & juiced
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- ½ tsp chipotle powder
- 12 slices Bothwell Red Hot Chili Pepper Jack
- 12 pieces roasted red pepper
- Thin slices of red radish
- Curly leaf lettuce
- Preheat grill to medium-high, 450–550°F
- In a large bowl, whisk ingredients for vinaigrette. Brush vinaigrette on gill side of mushrooms and set aside.
- Assemble ingredients for guacamole in a medium bowl. Chill until ready.
- Grill the mushroom caps 6-7 minutes per side or until softened.
- Brush buns with melted butter and grill, turning often until golden.
- Top each of the mushroom caps with slice of Thornloe Sundried Tomato & Basil Cheddar return to the grill for 1- 2 minutes & close lid until the cheese has melted.
- Assemble each burger with toppings of curly leaf lettuce, thin slices of red radish and roasted red pepper.
*Always ensure prior to grilling burgers that your grill is well cleaned and oiled.