Back to the JACK!! Woot Team Diva Q is heading to the 25th Annual Jack Daniel’s World Championship Invitational BBQ
Today was a very exciting day. Surprising and shocking. We had our bung drawn for the Jack. Team Diva Q along with a whole lot of other amazing teams from all over the US & the International teams. We will be one of 3 teams representing Canada along with Prairie Smoke & Spice, plus Pistol Packin Piggies.
See you all in the holler October 25& 26th!
Congratulations to all the teams who got their BUNG pulled today:
|A Boy & His BBQ|
|Bad Bones BBQ|
|Bavarian Smoke BBQ|
|Big Pig Inc.|
|Blazin’ Buttz BBQ|
|Blue Chip BBQ|
|Deep South Smokin’ Que|
|Drilling and Grilling BBQ Team|
|Fired Up Smokers|
|Fork U BBQ|
|Hoosier Favorite BBQ|
|I.A.B. 30 BBQ|
|Insane Swine BBQ|
|It’s 5 O’Clock Somewhere|
|JP Custom Smoke|
|Killer B’s BBQ|
|Lake House BBQ|
|Little Pig Town|
|Lo’ -N- Slo’ BBQ|
|Local Smoke BBQ|
|Missouri Shark Fisherman Club BBQ Team|
|Philly Blind Pig BBQ|
|Pistol Packin’ Piggies|
|Pit Bulls Up In Smoke|
|Pork Patrol BBQ|
|Prairie Smoke & Spice BBQ|
|Q Haven BBQ|
|Q U Smokin Krewe|
|Smokin’ In The D|
|Southern Krunk BBQ Society|
|That’s the Way BBQ Go!|
|TippyCanoe BBQ Crew|
|United Pork Smokers|
|Velvet Smoke BBQ|
|Who’s Smokin Now|
|Wine Country “Q”|
|Wooley Bully “BBQ Mafia”|
Congratulations to those teams with Automatic Entries to the Jack:
2 Broke Ass Texans
3 Eyz BBQ
Across the Track Cook-off Team
Bear Naked BBQ
Can U Smell My Pits BBQ
Fatback Joe’s BBQ
Hog Tide Bar-B-Que
Left Coast Q
Lonestar Smoke Rangers
Pig Skin BBQ
Shiggin & Grinnin
Stubborn Bull BBQ
Swamp Boys BBQ Team
Sweet Swine O’Mine
Warren County Pork Choppers
It is always a good day when this comes in the mail. We qualified for the Jack Draw this year from our GC in New York. Our team along with all of the other qualifying events in Canada will have our bungs (they are the stoppers from the actual Jack Barrels) all put into a hat. Out of those qualifiers 3 are chosen to represent Canada at the Jack. We have had this privilege twice before. Hoping for good luck this time again. No matter what Canada has a lot of outstanding teams that really do know their BBQ!
The last time we went…. good things happened.
It became official yesterday that BBQ Crawl has been renewed for Season 2 ! Very excited to finally share this with everyone. Here is the press release segment about BBQ Crawl from Blue Ant Media/Travel & Escape!
Canada’s BBQ Champion Danielle Dimovski will be back for seconds with BBQ Crawl Season 2 (13 x 30 min). In its first season BBQ Crawl drew the largest audience of any of Travel+Escape’s original productions garnering an unprecedented viewership for an original production on the channel. Season 2 continues the journey in the American South. Kicking off in Nashville Tennessee and ending up in Kansas City Missouri, Danielle will dig deep into BBQ culture and explore new hotspots along the way. Produced by RTR Media, Season 2 will premiere Spring 2014
For the full press release please go here.
So here it is I just want to say Thank you. Thank you to all the amazing places we went in Season 1 Thank you to all of the owners and the places and the friends that allowed us into their worlds. Huge thanks to all of my BBQ family and friends and all the fans of the show. I am blessed beyond blessed to have you all along for this journey. The team at RTR Media rocks. They worked so hard on season 1 and they have been working for months already diligently for Season 2. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I appreciate each and everyone of you all. We leave next week to start Season 2 -this year we kick off in Nashville there will be new places new adventures some new and old friends making appearances and of course awesome kick a$$ BBQ along the way. Can’t wait for you all to see it unfold. Big hugs much Love from me to you all!! XXOO Danielle
Its no secret that I have a serious fondness for Thermapens. They are rated as one of my all time favorite BBQ/Kitchen gadgets. Thanks to the generosity of Thermoworks I now own their brand new Thermapen !! It just came in the mail today. The Backlit Thermapen solves a dilemma I have had at many comps and that is being able to see when I am temping my meats in the middle of the night without holding a flashlight in one hand. Plus its red. Happy Happy Happy.
Serious outdoor chefs can now enjoy all the advantages of the Super-Fast Thermapen even in the dark! Cheaper Chinese knock-offs trade unacceptable levels of wasted batteries. The best of them gives you only 10 hours on a set of three massive AAA cells! Really? 10 hours? (They’re so embarassed by this they stopped publishing battery life in their specs.)
In typical Thermapen-fashion, our UK engineers have designed a button-less intelligent backlight system. When the Thermapen is on, a new display sensor continuously monitors ambient light levels. As it gets darker, the backlight comes on automatically so you can read the digits in any light condition. With this power-saving strategy, battery life is only reduced to a minimum of 100 hours even when the backlight is in continuous use. If only used in the light, the miniature CR2032 cells still last 1500 hours! Your actual battery life will be somewhere in between depending on the amount of night cooking you do. And, there’s no button to push. You don’t even need to think about it.
The only professional choice in a folding thermocouple, the Thermapen is still the fastest, definitely the most accurate, and now the only one with an intelligent backlit option. Available in Red, White and Blue colors.
Click here to order yours!
Visiting a BBQ Competition?
Here are a few tips on BBQ Etiquette
- BBQ Teams have paid to compete – please note most take it seriously. Teams pay for everything from the competition fee to the meats and supplies.
- IF you see someone walking a turn in box (usually a 9×9 Styrofoam box) please move out of their way.
- IF you see someone walking a tray of food items please move out of their way.
- Do not under any circumstances ever take any food from tables within a competition site without asking first. Most competitions do not allow public sampling. Please visit the vendors to purchase food and support the event.
- Be respectful of the competition sites. Do not cut through a team’s site to get to another section of the competition area. That’s like walking through someone’s house.
- Mind your manners, your pets and your children. Children and their parents should be aware that there are hot grills and sharp knives at every site. Do not let your children or dogs run around team sites. Do not let your drunk friends run around team sites either.
- Do not touch another person’s grills ever…. without asking first.
- The clock rules everything at a competition. Teams need to turn in items on a specific schedule. During those turn in times teams may not want to have a conversation or stop to talk. It is nothing personal. These times are approximately 1130am-2pm however at each contest times can vary.
- Please ask before taking pictures of teams preparing their entries or of the teams themselves. Some teams would rather not have pictures of their items out in the public.
- Some events have adult beverage tents. Please enjoy responsibly.
- There are quiet hours at every BBQ contest. Please respect them.
- Please come out to the awards ceremony and cheer for all the teams. The more the merrier.
- Ask questions from teams in the non-busy hours. We love to talk about all things BBQ.
- Visit team websites like www.divaq.ca & www.kcbs.us for more information about competition BBQ.
Its always a fun day to talk all day long about why you love BBQ. Makes for a fun way to spend a Saturday.
Plus there was also a contest where teams competed in 3 categories, appetizer, entree and dessert. There were some really excellent entries. Very creative ! My Co-Judge was Dale Smith from Kool FM Radio Dale is a really great cook and loves to grill. We also had other judges through the day as well join us.
Lots of hard work went into setting up the fun competition and Georgian Hot Tubs did an excellent job along with the Traeger Canada Team
The winner of the contest was Don McLaurin ! Congratulations to all those who entered. We were lucky to escape rain almost the entire day!