Frozen cherries are on sale this week at one of my local grocery stores. As soon as I saw them I knew I had to make this sauce again. It is a sweet with heat type of sauce. Like more heat ? Add more chipotles or reduce the amount for a sweeter sauce.
I’ll be using this sauce on some ribs this weekend. mmmmmm BBQ.
Cherry Chipotle BBQ Sauce
- 3 cups Frozen Sweet Cherries
- 1 cup Ketchup
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Chipotles in Adobo sauce (*Adjust to your heat preference)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon Granulated onion
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
Place all ingredients into a medium sized pot. Bring to a boil then simmer for 10-15 minutes. Set aside to cool then using a blender or food processor pulse until smooth. Great on pork.